Left Hand VERITAS Edge Trimming Plane *SOLD*
A very little used left hand VERITAS Iron Edge Trimming plane.
Not an 'old hand tool' but a quality item based on the STANLEY No.95.
- 6-1/8" long overall and cast in ductile iron
- Depth-adjustment mechanism is a large thumb wheel and an independent traveller, resulting in fast and accurate depth setting with no blade skewing
- Set screws along side prevent blade from shifting when it hits a knot
- The lapped blades have a flatness tolerance of ±0.005mm or better over the working surface, and with an average roughness surface finish of 0.000127mm(5 microinches) or better.
- Full 1" cut can be made; plane is drilled and tapped to allow wooden wedge to be fixed to fence for cutting controlled bevels
- Fence is 6-1/8" long
- 12° bed angle and 30° blade skew suitable to work end grain and board edges
- Weighs 1 lb 6 oz (770g)
Fitted with an A2 steel blade marked 'VERITAS A2 CANADA'.