VERITAS Sharpening System by FOOTPRINT - 05M02.10 - Mk1 Honing Guide
A very good and early VERITAS sharpening system.
Manufactured by FOOTPRINT TOOLS of Sheffield under licence from LEE VALLEY TOOLS of Canada.
Marked 'FOOTPRINT SHEFFIELD ENGLAND' on the large brass clamp head.
- Precison honing guide and angle jig set
- Return to exactly the same angle each time you sharpen a blade
- Guide roller is on spring loaded adjustable drive shaft for setting at three heights; use in normal position to grind a basic bevel angle; hone a micro bevel on fine stone by repositioning roller to higher position
- Guide holds blades up to 23/8 inch wide and 5/8" thick
- Used with angle jig it can sharpen skew blades and irons
- Angle jig sets the 5 most common angles with many other setting in combination with adjustable roller
All parts move freely and tighten securely.
Full instructions are available on the Veritas website.